Tuesday, February 8, 2011

During my break from the blog

I've been intrigued by some of the ideas from The School of Night, as well as Shakespeare, naturally. Also as of recent I read The Great Divorce, half of The Pilgrim's Progress, and Robinson Crusoe. These few books have very similar ideas in their settings. Thus, The School of Night and Shakespeare, in general, have gotten me on the right road to start a short story. A friend of mine back home and I over Christmas break began this story, and some other classes' assignments have allowed me to continue jotting down and structuring what I want to say.

So here you have it, the first paragraph for an essay from another class. You'll see a couple of the most affecting quotes from Shakespeare and The School of Night. Keep in mind, a chess game is a stage, and the pieces are it's players; They all have an entrace in every game played, and if more than one's played then most will make their leave. And I suppose, a pawn can have many parts. This is an element which you'll seldom visit in the ensuing opening. I hope to further elaborate and layer this story out as I gather ideas from oncoming ideas and variables.

Action.

“All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.” (Shakespeare, 42) This is the truth. I learn’t this whence I was in the Void. How’s this the truth? Well, if you’re on a stage then you must believe that there’s an audience behind the fourth wall. It wasn’t so simple how I learn’t what I did whence I was there. Let me explain, this Void place is not of our world, the previous one. You see, the Void is beyond all cognition, anything and everything, whatever. It is timeless and spaceless. That it is to say, this place is beyond time and space thus containing infinite amounts of both. “Timeless and spaceless” is how you should understand this place to be; simply, because time and space do not matter, literally and figuratively. But wait, what’s the difference between here and heaven? There’s also a fine line between Soul and Mind. Remember, the Soul is matterless giving it infinite potential to freelance without its corporeal Body. “The weightless thoughts of man effectively control the massive universe itself, if correct principles of rational transformation – proper levers, pulleys, lenses, clocks, quadrants – can be found. The microcosm can not only reflect, but control, the macrocosm.” (Turner) In the real world, delving into, analyzing, and investigating your mind is the closest you’ll get to your soul in your body. The mind is a void itself and the infinite must be explored without the restriction of matter; it’s a fulcrum betwixt body and soul. This is the place where you learn to be like the gods. Remember you are never God, which would be hubris. But you have to transcend, and you must practice in order to do so.

Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment